Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Spinning out of control
Gyroscopes are fascinating tinker toys. I was watching a show the other day and they likened the planets turning in their axis to a gyroscope. Perpetual motion. Makes me think of myself when I am in a perpetual spin cycle. It’s not quite as fascinating, I assure you. When you continue to spin in circles around yourself, you become stagnant. And when a liquid becomes stagnant, it smells like the swamp. Not a pleasant experience for cranial nerve I (it’s the one responsible for relaying smells to our control center). So what’s the cure for stagnation? My daughter has a spinning top, and when you put your finger on it while it’s turning, it loses its balance and falls over. Well, in this case, getting out of our self-absorbed orbit is a good thing. Allowing God’s finger tip to get us off balance stops our inward focus. It causes us to spin out of control-our own self control. When we finally look away from ourselves and see the needs of others, we become like a stream of spring water, flowing from the source of all good things: God. This is how we can nourish others with what really matters. To know God, and to glorify His wonderful name. Forget depression, on to serving others. Thank you God for your soft touch that stopped my spinning. I was getting dizzy, which could explain why I couldn’t think straight whilst in the middle of my spin cycle. Glory to God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment