What is the best way to show your love to someone? You can do things that please them, right? So how do you know what pleases someone unless you spend the time to get to know them?! Again, a rhetoric question. And if you really love that person, what do you suppose you will do with that precious information? Again, if you really love that person, you’re gonna use it to make them happy. That seems really simple and easy. But why is it so hard when it comes to our relationship with God? By reading the bible, we know what pleases Him: “If you love me, keep my commandments” (John 14:15) and “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” (John 14:21). Commandments are not suggestions, they are not open for amendments, neither are they voluntary but mandatory. If we want to live a life that pleases our heavenly father, and who doesn’t, then we should obey His commands.
And by the way, what makes you love someone? Well, there is their character, and most of all the fact that they love you, right? I’m full of rhetorical questions today. So how do we know God loves us? “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8). That’s heavy. Jesus died for us. That proves to me beyond the shadow of any doubt that He loves me. Jesus loves me so much He willingly laid down His life for me. That’s crazy love. That’s the ultimate proof. All I need to do now is show my love for Him by obeying His commands. And as I said, that shouldn’t be difficult, if it flows out of my love for Him. I want to please God by staying in His will. Now I’ve come full circle. I’m done!
No comments:
Post a Comment