Friday, September 17, 2010

Peace, at last!

So here’s the word of the day that’s on my heart today: Peace. I love it how God has this thread for me daily where he drives home his point through many different sources, bible studies, devotionals and songs etc. I read earlier a passage in Isaiah that I cherish a great deal:
“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” (Isaiah 26:3). That’s so true. If we keep our gaze steadied on God, nothing can shake us. What’s greater than our God? Nothing! He is the creator of the universe who holds everything in his hands and yet knows the number of hair on our head. John MacArthur puts it this way: “No matter how difficult your circumstances may be or how many opponents come against you, realize that the invincible God of the universe is on your side. He makes war against His enemies (Rev. 2:16), and against Him no one can stand. So stand firm in that confidence. Focus on your Great Ally rather than your feeble enemies.” (Grace to you 09/17/10).
Is that awesome or what? I love to marvel at the greatness of the God we serve. No wonder God commanded us to seek Him first, then everything else in our life will fall into place. He deserves the primary focus in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Just to prove how God orchestrates things in our lives, after I wrote this blog, I listened to last week's sermon from our church and Isaiah 26:3 was the opening verse. I really needed this verse today, I guess ;-)

    ReplyDelete