Monday, September 20, 2010
Arrest that heart for disturbing the peace!
Isn’t it just like the heart to disturb your peace? Mine does that to me all the time. I should consider sanctions against it, or maybe a time-out…well, I guess considering the results of the hypoxia accompanies it, not really. But seriously. The heart is evil above all things. It wants what’s not best for you, from a godly standpoint way too often. And when it’s got its mind set on something, it can make you restless. The peace is gone. I found myself in that situation lately. When I heard the Tenth Avenue North song “Why are you looking, as if I’m not enough?” Seems I was settling for something less than God. That reminded me of another one of their songs “Satisfy me, oh Lord! I’m begging you to help me see, you’re all I want, you’re all I need. Oh, satisfy me, Lord!” And then today I read Psalm 63:5 “My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.” It was an Ebenezer experience, the break through I had when I turned to God. "Thus far the Lord has helped me". I got my stone sitting on my on my desk now. It serves as a reminder to me, that God is my all in all, and without Him I am nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment