The best way to get out of the hole you’re in is to praise your way out. I mean start praising God by worshipping Him in song and prayer. Just pointing out God’s wonderful attributes lifts the spirit. And singing worship songs that do the same helps tremendously. The reason we find ourselves in that hole is because we got a backhoe and started digging like crazy, and I use that word deliberately. Because walking away from God is craziness. Why would any human being in their right mind ever attempt this thing called life by themselves? That's simply crazy. So when we come to our senses we realize how lonely and empty we feel sitting in our dark deep pit that we dug for ourselves, and we remember how warm and bright our position was at the feet of the Most High-and that’s when the praising can begin. Our realization that help is found only in God is the exact point when we are ready for His intervention. He alone has the power to change our miserable circumstances, or at least our attitude about them. And I guess when he lifts us out of the pit of despair he changes our altitude as well, spiritually speaking.
“Four A.M. two hours to go
I'm wearing out a lonely glow.
I miss you more than I could know.
Here I am, here I am,
won't you get me?
I've got my hands on redemption's side
Whose scars are bigger than these doubts of mine.
I'll fit all of these monstrosities inside
and I'll come alive.
With my fist down at your feet
I was running out of mysteries
Insecure and incomplete, here I am, here I am,
won't you get me?
My fears have worn me out
My fears have worn me out
My fears have worn me, worn me.”
Switchfoot “Redemption”
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/switchfoot/redemption.html
listen to it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ51mnLi4CE
No comments:
Post a Comment