Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Obedience before Faith

God expects our immediate obedience, even when our faith lags behind. I have heard this concept a few times lately and I have put it to practice since then. Like earlier today. This is so comforting to know, that God honors our obedient step into the darkness. God is faithful to keep His promises to us, even when we doubt Him. All that matters in such situations is to trust the one who made those promises. His character speaks for itself. And that brings me to the point I find myself today: Knowing God is vital for a Christian life. If you have wrong ideas on who God really is, you will struggle in your walk. If we think God is capricious, we may be hesitant to surrender ourselves to Him. If we doubt His power, we may doubt that He can really make this work out, whatever it is. The ten sermon series I finished listening to today brought me to where I am today. I understand myself and my worthlessness in the presence of God like Peter when he said “Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!” (Luke 5:8). Knowing God intimately brings revelations to us that we cannot find otherwise. Being thankful and praising God in our quiet time helps us stay in focus. This can lead to God revealing to us His plans for us as He did for Peter “Don't be afraid; from now on you will catch men” (vs. 10).
Also read Psalm 50:18-23 for instructions on how to be changed (vs. 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment