I believe God can heal us: our brokenness, our scars, our fears, our emotional hang-ups and even our bodies. I firmly believe that. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to deal with my emotional baggage too long. Letting go control to the One who created me makes sense. The problem arises when I allow my heart to steer me instead of my head. I understand the answer to a problem, but that does not appear palatable to my heart. And seeing that I am a very emotional being, I tend to go with the heart. This is a sure recipe for disaster. Setting your mind on the promises of God, and sticking with it, even if it doesn’t feel like it’s the right thing. Even if I don’t feel it at all. That’s ok as well. Feelings are the caboose, the mind is the locomotive. This I heard in a sermon over 10 years ago. It stuck in my mind. I tend to put the caboose before the locomotive, and that leads to derailment. So when I made up my mind to let God take over my life and heal me from the inside out, I should not go back on my word and try to take over, when I’m just not feeling it. My record of past failures is no resume to boast about. So why not go with the winning team, you know, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit? They’re on a winning streak, never been defeated yet. This seems a no-brainer to me. “When Christ is the center of our life, all else comes into proper focus.” (Our Daily Bread 08/27/10).
“Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.” 2 Cor. 4:14-16
"Our God is greater" Chris Tomlin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlA5IDnpGhc
Love this, it is so true with me and my life I need to not go with the caboose leading and you are right not a good thing.
ReplyDeleteWhy I didn't read this until just know at 8:30pm on Friday night. It is so wild considering the one I sent to you today.
ReplyDelete