Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Remaining still

“Be still and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10

I love those times when I’m at my wits end (which, by the way isn’t a long distance from the normal state) and I hear an answer to my frantic prayers. Such response came to me a few days ago. As I was disheartened and frustrated and I called out to God, this verse came to mind. Be still. I’ve got it under control. Why are you doubting the creator of the universe? Chill! And that’s just me putting my emphasis on this. I noticed where I go wrong is when I get frightened by the circumstances or frustrated by the adversities of this life. When I forget, that the God I serve is bigger than my problems, and I feel that I cannot handle it. And that’s so true. I need to come to a place of helplessness. That allows me to refocus on my absolute dependence on God. So when God brings me to a point of standing still, I need to remain that way in his presence. I need to behold the one who holds my life and everything around me in his hands. And I need to understand that I don’t have to try to control the circumstances of my life, that’s God’s job. I just need to stay still and know that He is God.

“Water you turned into wine, opened the eyes of the blind, there’s no-one like you, none like you! Into the darkness you shine, out of the ashes we rise. There’s no-one like you, none like you! Our God is greater, our God is stronger, God you are higher than any other. Our God is healer, awesome in power, our God, our God! And if our God is for us then who could ever stop us, and if our God is with us, then what could stand against?” (Chris Tomlin “Our God”)

No comments:

Post a Comment