To me, true surrender starts when you let go of your desperate grip on your back-up plan. You can’t stash plan B away for safe keeping, just in case…That means you haven’t surrendered completely. This means treason: you don’t trust God to do a better job than you could with your life! How idiotic, and sorry, I couldn’t water that word down without losing the strong meaning I meant to insert here. To presume that a human being, who was created by God, may know more than its creator?! Stupid, plain and simple. And furthermore how treacherous. To pledge allegiance to God and call Him your Lord, meaning the boss, who is in charge of me, and then keep this hidden agenda in the back of my mind…how else could I call that? Mutiny. And it won’t make good script material for a movie, like the episode on the Bounty. A life lived in mutiny of God’s lordship constitutes a sad existence. Plan B needs to be kicked to the curb, and not recycled. I know many people are environmentally conscious nowadays, but with this one, leave it out there and make sure it gets trashed. Lord, I’m wholly yours!
David Crowder Band "Wholly Yours"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLxC_tYhFxs
No comments:
Post a Comment