“And sometimes the cloud remained from evening until morning. And when the cloud lifted in the morning, they set out, or if it continued for a day and a night, when the cloud lifted they set out.” Numbers 9:21
Isn’t it nice to have someone point you in the right direction when you’re lost and confused? That sure would take a lot of the guesswork out of our decision making process. Well, there is help available. Jesus told us in John 14:26-27
“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
So we have someone to turn to in our times of trouble. That’s a relief. Just as the Israelites in the desert had the cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night to show them the way. All they had to do is keep their eye on it. If the didn’t look, they obviously wouldn’t know if they should stay or go. Same with us. If we keep our eyes fixed on “the author and perfector of our faith” (Hebrews 12:2) we will never feel lost. Our job is just to follow the guidance counselor.
No comments:
Post a Comment