Friday, March 25, 2011

Wheat or chaff? That is the question!

“Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you? Everyone who comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you what he is like: he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. But the one who hears and does not do them is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. When the stream broke against it, immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great.” Luke 6:46-49

Isn’t it true that when you are in the midst of your crumbling world, you find out what you’re made of? In those times we find our source of strength, and we prove what we believe when the rubber meets the road. It’s easy to believe when life provides for smooth sailing. When the waters turn threatening around us and the perfect storm is forming right in front of us, we need to react. And if we proclaim to follow Jesus and live by biblical principles, our reaction should match. This is where hypocrites are separated from true believers. This is where the wheat and the chaff are weeded out. This is where we are subjected to trials that prove on whose strength we rely-whether we rely on our own abilities or God’s. And I don’t know about you, but I’d pick God’s abilities to get the job done somewhere in the ball park of something like 100% of the time, just to give a rough estimate. Let us be found faithful when it matters. This is how our testimony matches what we preach. So that in the end we can give all glory to God.

“Never underestimate my Jesus. You’re telling me that there’s no hope. I’m telling you, you’re wrong. When the world around you crumbles, he will be strong, he will be strong.” (Relient K “For the moments I feel faint”)

No comments:

Post a Comment