Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Take Cover!

It’s awful! When you have such closeness with God and feel His presence so immensely, you’re under such intense scrutiny from the enemy. This is exactly what happened to me yesterday.
I should have known, but I was oblivious. That’s when the attacks are most effective.
The awful mood I find myself in today is directly proportional to the level of distance I have already put between me and God. That’s really unbelievable. I feel like I’m sitting right on God’s lap-next thing I know, I feel like Adam and Eve, running from His presence. This shows again how desperately we need God’s grace. Without the reconciliation of godliness and our sinful nature we are lost. Literally.
What should I do to remain in that closeness to God? Hide myself in Him, covering myself in the blood of the sacrificial lamb and utilizing the sword of the spirit. And let’s not forget the shield of faith. With this we can effectively defend ourselves from these sneak attacks, and take cover!

Ephesians 5:13-17
“Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment