Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Reflection and resolutions
New year is a time for reflection and renewal. Last year was the first time I actually made new year’s resolutions. I remained focused on the changes that needed to be made throughout the course of the year and I have to say, that I am happy with the progress I have made. Identifying areas in my life that require change, then coming up with a game plan, sticking to it, and seeing change unfold is powerful stuff. Taking stock and henceforth responsibility is vital to growth. If we allow things to continue to run their course without intervention, we are sure to end up where we shouldn’t be. Just like sitting in a boat without paddling will cause the current to drift the boat where it wants you to go. We have to take charge and guide our boat to the port of destination. And if we direct our paths with the guiding light of the bible, we will not fail to arrive safely. I fully subscribe to new year’s resolutions for that reason. They have to be made whole-heartedly with the intention of keeping them for life. We should show a somewhat continuous level of growth in our lives. There should be a change that takes place, that strips away the wrong behaviors and thinking patterns one by one as the Holy Spirit reveals them to us. I’m not saying that once we identify those wrong thoughts, we will never fall prey to them again, but we are aware and can actively steer against them and towards a more godly mind-set. It’s, after all, about the process where our reliance on our flesh dies and the spiritually-renewed man emerges.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment