Thursday, January 13, 2011

My daddy's got me!

Times of despair are special times. They give room for growth in ways we never thought we could. Such a time came upon me recently. I found myself at my wits end. I heard God say “Trust me!” And I decided to take him up on his offer. Just like it says in Malachi 3:10 “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.”
This was a few days ago. I began to despair again, doubting the possibility of making it all work out-on human terms, of course. But I again reminded myself that my daddy owns the entire spread, and I live in his mansion, so I can rely on him to provide my needs from his wealth. Not two hours later he did. Out of the blue someone came by and provided what was needed. God works in mysterious ways. They didn’t know why they had the impression to do this, but I did. What I learned tonight is, that trusting God may seem foolish in the world’s eyes, but He delights in our complete trust in him. He wants us to fall into his arms without any reserve. We should allow ourselves to freefall into his abundance without worrying about hanging any safety nets. All earthly security blankets have to be abandoned to become worthy for God’s economics. As of this evening, I can tell you: I’m all in! God is awesome! Love ya, daddy! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment