“For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world— our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?” 1 John 5:4-5
Don’t believe the lie. When temptation is trying to entice you, don’t believe that you just can’t help yourself. If you are a believer, you have a deadly weapon at your disposal: Your faith. As the verses say, we have overcome through our faith in Jesus, because He has overcome sin and death on our account. Now he has made this victory available to us so that we can withstand the attacks of our sinful nature or of spiritual warfare. We need to stop and rebuke those sinful thoughts, bring them under God’s control, think on godly things and submit ourselves to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, the ultimate overcomer.
“Overcome” Building 429
I know you’re holding tomorrow
So I will trust you today
You may not keep us from sorrow
But I know that you will never ever change
You’ve overcome the world
Rescued my soul
I don’t have to worry
Cause whatever comes, you’re in control
Forever I will worship you
I’m amazed by the things you have done
I am overcome
A king so awesome and worthy
And though you knew the great cost
Your heart was moved with such mercy
That in love you endured the cross
By your mighty hands and the power you display
Though life gets hard, still in my heart
I’ll have courage, I’ll have faith
“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.” Romans 8:37
“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." John 16:33
http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/commentaries/?action=getCommentaryText&cid=53&source=2&seq=i.52.8.6
No comments:
Post a Comment