Friday, July 2, 2010

Letting go...

Selling out completely to God is a trip…it’s an adventure….it’s totally awesome! And this coming from a recovering control freak! But it’s such a relief to not have to handle everything, not having to plan everything, not having to worry. This takes the pressure off. And that is definitely welcome. I know that God has the big picture view anyway, so he knows what’s best, what’s coming up, what is needed to get me to change to be all he wants me to be. I love asking him for guidance, for help every step of the way. I love waking up and praising God and asking him to show me what he has in store for me today. This is such an awesome experience.
I can see so much clearer, I feel so much more relaxed and I am able to leave life in his hands. I have been trying to reserve the right to myself (which is the definition of sin) and messed up big time. No big surprise here. And when I tried to seek happiness through approval by other people, I now see what a mistake that was. I heard this in a sermon yesterday: The only group you need to find approval from is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen to that!
Gal. 1:10

No comments:

Post a Comment