Knowing God. That’s a worthy cause to put your heart and mind into. That’s what I’ve chosen as my goal in life. Since, that’s really what God intended for us anyway. It helps joining your maker in his plans…kinda seems to make sense. And it’s a total win-win situation. We get to spend time with God, get to know Him, we benefit from His presence in that we grow spiritually and become more like what we were meant to be. And we please God, by being obedient to His will. God created man for His pleasure. We should want to spend our time with Him. I love one recent sermon I listened to online where the preacher said, spend time with God. Get a little table and two chairs, and set the table for two and have some coffee with God. He will even share His abundance in a way that you’ll have twice the amount of coffee…God is that good to us. And he said, just sit there and be quiet and listen to God, enjoy your time alone with Him and see if time doesn’t fly. I love that concept. God is so good to us, we need to remind ourselves every day, several times a day and just practice the presence of God (which is a really good book with really simple concepts). Just make every activity of your day inclusive to our heavenly father, and see how that changes your focus. I’m up for it! Glory to God!
Read "The Way to Knowledge" 07/27/10
http://utmost.org/
I really needed to hear this and it make a lot of sense. I will start setting my table for two in the mornings and share with God and learn from him what he expects of me and how to please him. That is our sole purpose in life.
ReplyDelete