The cure for spiritual hydrocephalus is child-like faith…although some surgery may be required to drain the head knowledge to the heart by way of a shunt…Yes, I have to combine spiritual terms with medical, so I can comprehend it better. Isn’t it true though? We want to learn about God and fill our heads with knowledge. We love to quote bible verses and actually know their addresses and understand theological concepts and discuss them at length. But what does that really do for us? If the heart is not in a state of complete surrender to God, it means nothing.
Like 1. Corinthians 13 says if we did all this and had not love, it would be worthless…..
When God chose Noah to build the ark, he used very specific search criteria: Obedience or should I say faith! (See Genesis 6:22)
Hebrews 11 is the Hall of Faith of some of the characters in the bible who have been faithful and thus found favor in God’s eyes. We show our love for God in form of our obedience (John 15:10). Let us strive to please God with our unquestioning obedience to do whatever God has planned for us. Let us live with an open ear to hear God command us to “Go!”
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: Love each other.” John 15:9-17
No comments:
Post a Comment