Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dimwit!

It still amazes me how dim it gets when I walk away from God’s light. Why it amazes me, is a mystery to me, really. He is the light of the world, why would I be surprised that when I turn my back on him, it’s hard to see. Being human, I guess. The flesh got the better of me. If you start slipping, be aware. It’s a slow fade, like Casting Crowns sings. If you turn your back bitterness, anger, resentment and your own desires are waiting to drag you further away. And it goes quickly. Similar to muscle wasting that happens so quickly when someone is bed bound. But here’s what’s even quicker: reconciliation with God. And what comes as a bonus is a restoration of your good mood. Bitterness has no place in God’s presence. Praising and worshipping our heavenly father makes everything ok. Well, there is confession of sin and forgiveness thereof first, of course. God is so merciful to us. He knows we are like kids, easily distracted, rebellious and not wise in our decision making. But, like a father, he loves us, despite ourselves.
Thank you, father!

Psalm 39
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%2039&version=ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment