I really hate the thought of the devil winning any of the battles in our lives. I can picture him gloating while talking with God about it, saying” See your follower? They post all that good stuff and when I throw this temptation at them, kerplunk, down they go every time.” Of course he’d be lying, since we do have victory sometimes, when we employ God’s weapons to combat those attacks. But you have to consider the source. He is-after all- the father of lies. But back to my initial point, I really don’t like the thought that he is recording a victory mark in this battle where I failed to remain steadfast. Was it worth it? Certainly not. So if I picture this, along with asking God to provide His strength to get me out of that temptation, I may have something here. Not that God’s strength needs any enhancement…Just my motivation to prevail gets additional fuel. Game face! Grrrr.
"...Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
James 4:7
No comments:
Post a Comment