Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A successful life

What matters most in life? Is it the kind of car you drive, the neighborhood you live in or the job you have? Is it the right look, the acceptance from your peer group? Is it well behaved children and a good looking, wonderful spouse? I don’t think that there is anything wrong with any of these goals. But what should be the one thing that we measure our success against? I think we should look towards the end of our lives and evaluate what we do with respect to eternal value. Looking at what the bible says in Matthew 25:21 “Well done, good and faithful servant”, we should run after the things of God. And even beyond that, should we count our service to God as most important, or our relationship? We can do good deeds with the wrong motives. And just as Paul says in 1.Corinthians 13:3 “If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.” So what matters most is what we do with God. The time we invest in building our intimate relationship with the creator of the universe. In that quiet time that we take to get to know the one most high, we expand our understanding of how great He is. Once we start to grasp that he is truly in control and that nothing is too great for him, we can start trusting Him fully without own little issues that we confront in life. We are in his hands, and there is no better place to be. So let us not look at our deeds as much as the closeness we experience when we spend quality time with our heavenly father. Because nothing is more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment