Thursday, November 18, 2010

Change is good!

I know God can change people. How? I don’t have to look very far. First, me. When I see how I have reacted in situations that is so unlike me there is no other explanation for it. I said the other day, if I had been born a man, I’d be either dead or in jail, because I have an extremely short fuse. So when I went through a tough situation where people had done me extremely wrong a while back, and I reacted with kindness to them, that’s just not characteristic of me. That was all God. So I know that when we come to know Jesus intimately, confess our sins and are cleansed from our unrighteousness, and submit ourselves to his Lordship, we can experience change. I have also seen drastic changes in my husband, after God brought him to his knees. It is awesome to see how he reacts in frustrating situations. No longer do I see him, but I see God working in him. That’s a changed life! So to everyone who says, people don’t change, that’s true. But God can change people. He does it every day. He is the only one who can bring about that change. This change is a lasting change, and it conforms us into the likeness of Christ.

Romans 12:1-2 “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”

No comments:

Post a Comment