I got a itty bitty tiny taste of persecution yesterday and it made me smile. Because we are to count it all joy if we suffer for His name's sake, right? I knew I was on the right track when I heard the snide remarks and felt the icy dismissal afterwards from some people. I feel for them, because that means that they don't know Jesus like so many of us do. But it gave me a taste of what other christians around the world go through for their beliefs. We are spoiled here in the bible belt of the US, where most people at least go to church, but a lot of them know Jesus personally, even if some of them don't live a life that is pleasing to Him. It struck me, and brought me back to reality. Those blows in life are necessary to keep us on our toes. It made me think of other countries where people are truly persecuted and put in jail or suffer a worse fate for their faith. (See the link below)
We need to go through our piddly little moments of ridicule and rejection so we can train for the time when it becomes serious. Will we remain true in the face of adversity? I pray to God I will one day hear "well done, my good and faithful servant"
http://www.persecution.com/public/homepage.aspx?clickfrom=bWFpbl9tZW51
No comments:
Post a Comment