I think I have a version of the “empty nest syndrome” today. An empty nester feels useless when what they’ve poured all their energy and attention into for a long time is suddenly gone. I know it’s not a direct parallel to having your kid move out of the house, but I am feeling that way today. Term One is officially over with last night’s final final being tackled, grades posted. It’s a let-down, and it leaves me empty. That in itself is scary. Why would I put such an emphasis on school, on accomplishing scholastic achievement? I will have to explore that further, of course, but in the mean time, I will have to try to find something to engage me as much as my classes have. I know, next Tuesday, it starts all over, but that appears to me like an eternity away. And with the dreary skies, my mood is in desperate need of improvement today!
Good thing this was posted today, I know just for me ;-)
Today's Promise: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
No comments:
Post a Comment