Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Detours

As I was driving home from class last night, I was thinking, which in itself is not unusual, but I had a revelation. It became crystal clear to me, that without the past, the present would not be possible. And what I mean by that is that unless everything happened just like it did, I would not be right here, right now. This also means that I have to accept the less favorite parts of my history as stepping stones that contributed to reaching the present point. Considering my greatest blessings, my wonderful daughter and the nursing program make me extremely grateful. That’s really it. It does not matter whether I think the majority of my life is characterized of a series of bad decisions or unfortunate events. What matters is only that even though life has been hard at times, and maybe more often than not, I am here. Life is good. This makes me smile. God can turn our winding road back in the right direction, through many detours. I stand amazed at His ability to orchestrate our lives. And if I ever thought that I had matters in my own hands…I stand corrected today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGNPS6-G3EY

No comments:

Post a Comment