Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Heroes...who needs 'em anyway?

The thing with having heroes is, that eventually you’ll find out that they are not all that…It’s like my “hero” sang in one of my favorite songs “There goes my hero…he’s ordinary”. I’ve seen men, and women whom I admired and adored falter and fall over the years. This is especially true in church. Beware if you think you stand, because sure enough, you’ll fall shortly after that. “Pride comes before the fall” is a directly translated saying from my country. So beware of putting people on a pedestal, you’ll be certain to be disappointed. I try to show my flaws often, so that no-one gets the silly idea to idolize me in any way, shape or form. I’m far from perfect, in a galaxy, far, far away…
But here’s the good thing about being disillusioned about people. Once you come to grips with the fallacy of mankind, you’ll no longer have high expectations, but see people for what they are. And if you expect them to mess up, it’s ok if they finally do, because you know: nobody’s perfect around here, right? Bitterness grows in hearts fertilized with great expectations…So think the worst, and when you get something better, that’s something to celebrate! That’s my motto!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87bcPisyTHs

No comments:

Post a Comment