Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Here’s a comforting thought: God’s not through with me yet! Philippians 1:6 says “He who began a good work in you will see it through until completion”. What a relief! I don’t have to white-knuckle it all the way to heaven! Whew! What a load of my back! I am feeling the relief already. A weight has been lifted off me. I am feeling light as a feather, free as a bird, no I won’t break out in “Free bird” with lighter high, swaying side to side… love me some Skynyrd, but no. Anyway, God is good; I keep realizing the extent of his goodness on a daily basis. I am so glad I am sticking to the reading through the New Testament in 32 days. I have not done that, ever! I may have read the entire bible, piece by piece, but never in big bulk chapters or books like this. It’s been a blessing, and eye opener and life changer. Just spending time with God first thing in the morning is great for me. Usually it’s my mope and whine time, before the sun comes up. Everything seems dark and cold...well, lately it’s been unusually cold and with the time change, the sun doesn’t come up until later…but I’m speaking figuratively speaking here. I have my low point first thing in the morning. I lament my misery, feeling sorry for myself. It’s actually pretty ridiculous in hind sight. Things don’t look so dramatic in the sun light. Thank you God for allowing your mercy to be new every morning. I need it!

1 comment:

  1. I like this one. However, today they lift cell phones high instead of lighters. I saw Skynyrd in concert once. It was awesome but God is always awesomer.

    ReplyDelete