Sunday, June 14, 2009
Curiosity equals Intelligence?
Bats are pretty amazing. I just got back from the equally amazing Redbox -where you can rent a world class movie like "Defiance" for a buck- and I stood outside watching several bats' low flying aerial acrobatics overhead. Their total confidence in their built-in radar technology seemed to make them so fluid, so fearless and so utterly magnificent. Seemed they were as curious of us as we were of them. I classify them as flying rodents, so I know that they have an exploratory side to their personality. I am however not impartial on that subject, as I am known -in certain circles- as the weird mouse lady. Displaying a high level of curiosity appears to be in direct correlation to one's intelligence level, I would hazard to declare. Never stop learning, never stop questioning the status quo, exploring new possibilities, seeking new horizons-now what's wrong with that? I think it's all good in good measure. Certain parts of life are fixed, seemingly immobile, at least for the time being. And a degree of reliability of my reality keeps me sane, for the most part. Other areas are meant to remain open, a new sheet yet to be written. That is also a very comforting thought. I am curious what the future holds, and that, in my reverse logic, makes me an intelligent being. I knew I could find a way to spin this one to make me feel good about myself today. That was a needed confidence boost, even if it was by my own deduction skills. I may not be flying high like those bats a moment ago, but my spirit is soaring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment