Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Life-Time-Opportunity
Life is short then you die. I guess the nature of Memorial Day got to me…or was it all the spare time I had to think while my kid spent the night with her friend? Which lead me to watch several subsequent episodes of “Trauma-Life in the ER”…Or was it the question about my ancestry on my father’s side. Reminders of our mortality are all around. In a way it is good to ground yourself again and know that we’re here only for a short while, and we should concentrate on what matters in the long run. But it is a difficult topic to tackle nonetheless. It calls into question the effort and time we spend on things that really have no significance. It also raises an urgency to achieve our purpose in this life. Too much time is wasted in front of the TV or computer, too little time speaking about life altering topics, too much chit-chat, too many wasted opportunities. Part of growing old, or should I say maturing, is that we know time is precious, and opportunities do not continue to present themselves over and over again. There has to be a carpe diem attitude, that says yes, when a good situation opens itself to us. The wisdom that comes with this advancement in age, should give us the necessary discernment to know which one is a good as opposed to a bad opportunity. And I say should, because wisdom does not necessarily come with age. Some people don’t ever learn from their past, and are doomed to repeat it over and over again. I think I fall into that category at times, making the same mistakes again and again. But then I have to admit I am human and with that imperfect. And there is another depressant. And all this gloom and doom with this beautiful sunshine, I need to do some snapping out of here quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment