Not sure, but this new year is the same as the previous years minus last year when I actually made some resolutions. It was a tough year, for sure. Instead of gathering wind in my sails, they appear pretty flacid. The time for dreaming is over, reality has set in. Reality has a way of crushing our aspirations pretty effectively. So, as I enter a new year without illusions, I may as well submit myself to the sobering shot it administered to me intramuscularly (by way of the z-trak method, no doubt)
No, I cannot say this truthfully. My dream has just been delayed until such time, when things will improve. Deep sigh...My resolution is to keep breathing in and out regularly, deeply (without the use of my accessory muscles and without signs of respiratory distress) and calmly. That seems like a good start. And maybe blinking my eyes occasionally to ensure sufficient lubrication of my eye balls. Lastly, my resolution is to raise the corners of my mouth with the aid of cranial nerve VII (I think) to form a smile at least three times daily. And praise God, for He is good, even when things appear less than exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment