Love seems to cover a lot…Obviously I’m not sounding pretty smart here, because when you read stuff in the bible, it’s crystal clear. But when I have those aha moments, I feel the need to share. “Love covers a multitude of sins” and “Love your neighbor as yourself” seems pretty self explanatory, until you really stop and think about it in connection with your own issues…Pride really messes things up in our heads, and the entitlement attitude pushes the need to love into the background. It’s all about me, right? They hurt me, they betrayed me, they forgot about me..whatever the pain is, that causes a grudge, and then bitterness and certainly nothing like “love your enemies, do good to those who mean you harm”…Love includes caring..if we humans hadn’t fallen so deeply in the garden of Eden, we wouldn’t need to devote an entire 33 page chapter in my nursing book to Caring. It would come natural to us, there would not need to be dissertations written by PhD’s about what a caring nurse should look like..we’d be, we’d love. End of story. Knowing you’re cared for and loved precludes self harm, because hurting yourself would mean hurting the one that loves you. Showing love to someone else, especially those who don’t feel loved, and are crying out by their self destructive life styles, is so vitally important. I think God doesn’t put people in our loves unless there’s a reason for it. God has “prepared good works for us in advance”, I believe that to be the truth. It’s easier to judge others who have skidded down into social worthlessness than to love them back up to where they should be. What made the difference in my life? It had to have been when I realized God’s amazing love for me. It’s too good to be true, someone could accept me while I was that messed up, but “God loved us while we were still sinners”. Mind blowing crazy love…
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+19:19&version=NIV
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+6:27&version=NIV
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+2:10&version=NIV
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+5:8&version=KJV
http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-Nursing-Patricia-Potter/dp/0323025862
http://www.twloha.com/index.php
http://crazylovebook.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment