Vehicular anger management vs. Aqua therapy
Having had a frustrating day yesterday, I successfully relocated the crumb snatcher into her nightly containment unit without too much ado, after which I fled the house in a panicked sort of way, only saying, ‘I’ll be back’ and closing the door carefully, not to awaken the sleepy one. I proceeded to drive my 6 cylinder 3.5 liter engine driven Intrepid RT (sound like a guy now, don’t I?) just far enough out of our neighborhood to crank the stereo (two 15’s in the trunk…hey, maybe I should consider a sex change, I can dig this guy talk) to its maximum capacity, opened the sun roof- which works well with moon and stars also, they just don’t mention that in the brochure-and just drove…no destination in mind, just a desperate need to escape. I ended up on 16A pushing the safe driving speeds, utilizing the middle line as a guideline I kept safely between front wheels…seemed like a good idea at the time. Strongly wishing for the old days, when the wind would whip around my head and bugs would splatter on the face shield of my helmet, as I rode my SV650 down that stretch of road many times. But alas, being a wife and mother ties you down in more ways that is apparent. So, the windshield of my car was being peppered with flying insects, as I was zooming along. And then the radio decided to play their best musical selection yet: The Offspring…this did not slow down my progress towards nowhere, for sure. I drove to the Orangedale side of the Shand’s pier, but it seemed too crowded to stop and get out. And that left the option open to cross the St. John’s River on one of my favorite bridges, although it’s better with a certain amount of sunlight to illuminate its beauty. Nonetheless, I proceeded across the bridge, likely too close for comfort to the guy or gal in front of me who decided to follow those ridiculous speed limit signs. The Green Cove side of the pier was less crowded and so I went for a walk. Listening to the waves splash onto the banks I sat on a bench awaiting my eyes’ adjustment to the relative darkness so I could see what I was hearing. There is something so completely soothing about water, I don’t know what that je-ne-sais-quoi is…(what a strange sentence that just came out of me here…love it!) Water, whether in form of the pool, ocean, or even shower…well, I really don’t know about the last one…is a soul soother to humans. H2O is magical potion to homo sapiens, or those who should be…at times I lose my mind, so I don’t know if that temporarily reclassifies me as something less. Never much studied evolutionary theory, so I don’t know what that would make me, but maybe I propose a homo non-sapiens. Anyway as I stood there staring at the shallow waves and listened to the fishermen at the end of the pier toss their nets and retrieve them, I felt so completely calm. Between getting the lead out on the way there, and then walking into that serene environment, my troubles of the day were gone and I returned back home, as calm as could be. Who needs a shrink, when you can have a car with a stereo, and a body of water nearby, or maybe not quite so nearby, to allow for adequate travel distance and subsequent loss of initial amount of agitation for the finishing touch of aqua therapy. Maybe I should look into psychology for a major instead, and come up with my own methodology to cure people. Sounds good to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment