Is it just me, or do we all have a pair of stinky old shoes in the back of our closets? You know the ones that fit like a glove when you stick your foot in them? They don’t look good, you certainly don’t want anyone to see you wearing them, but when you’re all alone, you can’t help but put them back on, because they’re so comfortable, and if you will, comforting? I’m using an old stinky shoe here as an analogy for our pet sins. Isn’t it just like that with that one sin that you are just so comfortable with? It’s been a part of your life for so long, you’ve lived in it for so long, that it has contoured itself to fit you perfectly. And when you dig it back out from the back of your closet in your mind, it feels just right. As a wise man once said, if you think sin isn’t fun, you just haven’t found the right one yet! Well, unfortunately there is something about those things that are sinful…they make us feel good. But it’s the long term effect that is so destructive about those long term sins. Old habits are hard to break, and that’s why so many of us just stick with our stinky old shoes spiritually speaking. I think it’s time to break in some new, clean shoes and get rid of that stinky mess once and for all. I should call in someone who can clean it up for me, yes, that would be the best idea…someone who is not so attached to my old footwear…someone like God. I don’t know why revolutionary ideas are so simple when you get right down to it. It’s the sticking to it part that gets us messed up every time. Even if New Years has passed, it’s time for a new resolution, and this one should be everlasting. God, please take out my garbage, I am done with it! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I’m so glad I have a God like you to turn to for my issues and not a psychiatrist! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment